Post Secondary Education
The objective of the Post-Secondary Student Support Program is to sponsor students who are members of the Muskoday First Nation to gain access to post-secondary education. The goal of the Program is to graduate students with the qualifications and skills needed to pursue individual careers and to contribute to the achievement of Indian self-government and economic self-reliance.
The MFN post-secondary student support program provides eligible students with full or partial financial support in the following areas depending on the student’s personal circumstances and the funding criteria under which the student’s application was approved: tuition, books, materials & supplies, tutoring, living allowance and travel expenses.
The deadline dates for application to our post-secondary program is as follows:
- Applications for funding must be submitted by June 30th for enrolment into a Program of Studies starting in September.
- Applications for funding must be submitted by October 30th for enrolment into a Program of Studies in January
- Applications for funding must be submitted by MARCH 30th for enrolment into Intersession.
- Applications for funding must be submitted by JUNE 15th for enrolment into Summer Session.
A person applying for financial sponsorship must as a minimum provide the following documentation:
- A completed application form issued by the Muskoday Post-Secondary Student Support Program.
- Submit the funding application by the due date.
Applicants may be asked to produce identification, (i.e. birth certificate, driver’s license, picture I.D., status card, etc.) to corroborate they are indeed the person whose name appears on the Muskoday Membership List.
- Documentary proof of acceptance into a Post-Secondary Program of Studies.
- Documentary proof of a Grade Twelve Standing or Grade Twelve equivalent (G.E.D.) and/or pertinent post–school standing.
- A completed Muskoday First Nation Career Education Research form.
For more information please contact Post Secondary Coordinator, Elwin Bear.